- Running in the rain gives you more mileage on much less effort.
- Kids get downright giddy getting soaked to the bone and sloshing through mud and deep puddles with permission.
- Shower is optional after.
- My $2 clip on camera case that I use as a wallet and phone holder actually was waterproof in the end.
- There are no bugs when it rains.
- If you trail run without bug spray when it's not raining, you cannot stop, ever.
- If you don't want your car soaked for a couple days, plan ahead and bring towels.
- If you don't want to be blind most of the time,wear a baseball hat or swim goggles.
- Flash flooding on trails makes navigating roots, rocks, and sticks impossible, as well as running.
- Feminine protection of any external kind gets waterlogged, grows to 5X it's original size, and feels like a diaper.
Lessons learned. Now that I'm dry, I'm going to add a tip from another runner, situps and pushups, 3 sets each to failure. With a few days left, I'm giving it all she' got, Captain! What do you do to train for an event?