Friday, May 16, 2014

New use for homemade toothpaste and repellent success!

On my facebook business page I mentioned how I insanely forgot to use my own repellent when out in the garden lightly raking for 30 minutes, and immediately got another tick bite;it was just like the one I wrestled with the effects over for months last summer. I was bummed and very angry with myself.
However, this weekend I was 2 days in the garden (read machete style, up-to-your-armpits in brush for 6 hours each day) WITH repellent and not one creepy crawly from my now famous Lyme yard; I was doubly impressed and immediately did a happy dance. Happy dance revealed my very disgusting hands and feet after a day of burying them in the sweet smelling soil, and soap was NOT getting out the ground in dirt; it was not going anywhere without a fight. I was about to head to the kitchen for some coffee grounds (which has had only partial success in the past) when I spied my fluoride free toothpaste sitting there. Since the baking soda and peroxide do such a great job cleaning my teeth, I scooped some out and scrubbed my hands. "Scrubbed" is actually a harsh term, because it all came off so easily and my hands were so SOFT! Another AHA moment in the Bilotta household. I will now keep an extra jar with my garden tools :) If you have not found a great recipe for either repellent or toothpaste yet, I have some ready to go at the Etsy shop link below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment